Thursday, April 7, 2011

Many stories to be told.

          I am reading the book "Red"and it is a book that consists of many stories of young teenagers on what goes on in their lives. These stories are really intriguing because they lead you  into their lives with their small moments. One thing I like the most about these stories is how you can feel all of the characters seperatly and you can connect to every character because they allow you into their lives for that moment. The best part about reading all these different stories is that you get new details and a new person to feel for in every other story.
          One story that I read was about this girl and how she would wake up every morning and feel good about herself but then once she got to school she would feel worthless because no one liked her. I connected to this character a lot because she gave me the chance to get into how she felt. This never happened to me because people's opinions dont bother me and if I had the chance to explain that to her, I would. She put a lot of detail into her moment that I forgot about all of the stories I had just read. I felt like her small moment was a whole other book itself.
          I cant remember all of the stories but a lot of them stuck out to me. They aloud me to open my ears and listen to where they were coming from, and I understood a lot more about people being hurt than I did. One line that stuck out to me and really pulled me into this persons story was "I can open my heart to anything and I found that out about myself as I started to believe." This reminded me of myself while reading these stories because I opened my mind to listening to these different stories because they allowed me to.
          These stories were absolutly amazing and I felt like I was sitting right next to them and watching their moment happening because like I said I was allowed into their lives. I was able to connect to a lot of stories because these girls were just regular teenagers talking about their everyday lives. I wish there was more books like this because I would read every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment