Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Charlotte's Web

                                                          SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!


                  Charlotte's Web is an inspiring book. The story is so real even though it is so not. This book is about a pig named Wilbur, he is an inspirational character yet at some point he is seen as the child in this story. Wiblur is grown up by a young girl named Fern,she loves and cares for Wilbur. Finally the day came that Wilbur had to grow up on his own and live in the barn with other animals. He seems so lonely until he believes that he can make a friend...and he does! He meets a small but mighty character named Charlotte. She is a spider and then becomes the mentor in the story. Wilbur thinks he is going to die but Charlotte finds an amazing, different way to save him.
                 This story changed my perspective on small and weak people. They may be small, but their words and actions make them mighty. When I first read this book, it blew my mind to find out that Charlotte saved Wilbur's life and also the way she did it. I would never have imagined a spider being able to spin words into a web. But it came to the point that the characters were so realistic,even as animals, that maybe spiders can do this. As I read the book the second time I realized that spiders probably cant  spin words into their webs. But this thought that I had actually began to sound like a metaphor. "...dont doubt a small object, for they will forsee your expectations."
                When Charlotte died after getting her egg sac to come out, I felt a whole in my stomach .....This tiny, tiny, tiny small character just made a lump in my throat.  This also proved the point that small things can be very mighty. Also knowing that this story is made up didnt make a difference. I still felt for the characters and I still felt like this really can happen in real life. I don't know why, but I felt like I've grown very close to and fond of these characters. The author did an amazing job getting the picture of wat was happining behind the real story in my head.
                 What I mean when I say "...behind the real story" is that, you can have multiple ideas of what is actually happening. Like thinking deeper. This book already gets you thinking deeper because it is a children book, but you have to think even deeper to get the story behind the real story. So i guess what I'm trying to say is that, even though one obvious story is sticking out to you, look deeper into it to surpass what the author really wanted you to see.
                  Charlotte's Web is an overall great book. I think that if you ever get the opportunity to read it more than oncce, you should definatly do that. I loved it so much and it changed my perspactive on many things, in a good way and I hope that it can do the same for you. :)

1 comment: