Monday, November 29, 2010

Reaching for hand that isn't quite there yet....

          Okayy so im reading "When it happens" by Sarah Dessen. I didn't really want to read this book at all!! But when Cynthia was reading it, she told me how good it was and i just HAD to read it. I loved the great  connection that I felt between myself and the book. It was so strong and I just couldn't stay away from it!!
          When I began to read the book i kind of felt that I wasnt quite totally into it yet. As I got deeper into the book, I felt so connected to it and I actually loved it so much! I don't usually read a book because of other people's experiences but theis book sounded soo interesting!!  I'm happy that i chose to read this book because of theamazing experience that i got from it. My introduction to this book wasn't great but the best things happen when you let it come to you.
          I would like to recommend this book to people who like unexpecting stories and effecting stories. This book definatly effected me. It told me about how a person can change something that may seem to be not changable. This book tought me a lot about relationships and the sacrafices you may have to make in order to make something that you love keep on going and continuing on. This also connects to my post about how drugs can change someone because that was an example of a sacrafice that someone made because of love! <3
          I loved this book and I hope your experience will be as great as mine was!! have fun! :)

8 comments:

  1. I picked that book up before but than put it back down because i didn't find it very interesting. after reading you post i think i am going to give it another try =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw, "When It Happens" I was like whoa! She's still reading that. But yeah, I thought this book was very easy to read, and easy to relate to. Your post is very interesting and I definitely agree with your 2nd paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you didn't talk about the content in the book, but about the story of how you found it. I was into it. Now I want to read it....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I like how you dedicated a whole paragraph to who you would recommend this book to! I also really love the title of this post. It's a great title, but I'm not 100% positive the connection it has with the post, Is it something random, that you just liked? Or does it have more meaning? Either way, I love it! I liked your second paragraph, because i felt that it explained your story with this book, I can totally connect with the first line! (When I began to read the book i kind of felt that I wasnt quite totally into it yet.) It happens to me all the time, but I've learned to just stick with the book! I wasnt aware of the fact that this book was written by Sarah Dessen, because of my obsession of her writing, I'm even MORE interested in reading it, than if it was written by an author that I didn't know of! Overall, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never read this book, and might in the future, but i agree with you people have more of an influence than they think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sarah dessen has a continous thing of adding love and mushy stuff that you hear in cheap romance novels into a modern time with problems we can alll relate to even if we don't go through it at all. and i also thought the books would be terrible but they are good because you can actually felel the sorrow of one character if they break up with thier boy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, You really put your personality into this one, I felt like I was lessening to you talk. Also, it's a different format then I have seen before, but it's amazing! You give us a theory, context, a connection with this book and you even tell us why you recommend this book by Sarah Dessen. It's great! I might try it in my own blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used this post for my Mentor Text Blog Thing! <3

    ReplyDelete