Monday, December 13, 2010

Escaping To A Trapped Place...

Knowing that who you are with is wrong for you, don't try to get away knowing that it's impossible. I'm not talking about physically running away, but mentally escaping the danger that lies between you and a self-controlled life. 3ayne, in "Possessed" by Kate Cann, Rayne is trying to live a normal life...but there is a specific reason and I don't think she quite knows herself either. I'm talking about her boyfriend...her older, controlling boyfriend. The reason I don't think she know this, is because she's not saying anything. Did you ever hear the slogan, "If you see something, say somthing" ????? This is kind of like the same situation. Rayne likes Damian a lot, but she doubts that they are meant to be. I trust you as readers to feel the passion in this book, and the questioning and the story behind this characters feelings.

I also want to talk about the physical trying the escape. As you guessed, this book is about Rayne being possessed by something she knows is out there. She is convinced that there is something that wants her to stay. This is related to mental escape because It is the same idea, but in different ways. There is a lot of talk about strange and powerful energy thatsurrounds Rayne, in the book. The idea I'm trying to get at is two ways to think of this strange presence. During the book you begin to see that Rayne begins to feel uncomfortable with Damian, and that she is being possessed by the same sort of thing, but different.

I really like this book and I was introduced to it by Brianna. She really enjoyed it, so I thought, Why not read it?? And I absolutly loved it!!!! You as a reader should try to look more deeper into the book instead of just reading the words. I hope you enjoy the book if you decide to read it!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your title was a bit confusing. Escaping TO or FROM a trapped place...either way, very interesting! Also, What's with the name Damian? I read like 3 fantasy books already with the name Damian in it. How lame. Anyway, good and elaborate post as always!

    ReplyDelete