Wednesday, January 5, 2011

make it what you want!

I'm reading the book "Smack" I think this book stand out because of its title and then when I turned to read the blurb.....there was no blurb!! This made me want to read it more because the author probably wanted to keep us waiting so that we actually read it! So I thought to me self...ayee why not?? So I started to read the first 15 pages (which as far as I got anyway) Once again it was just a typical teen book about a boy,girl and a couple of their friends' problems and running away. I was so sick of it by the 5th page but then I kept reading and there was so much detail in the book and I actually kinda sorta liked it. -_-

Thinking of how my opinion changed, I really started to think about what the author wanted me as a reader to think. Did she want me to not like it and then sorta kinda like it? Was that just my opinion? Was it supposed to be just another ordinary teen story? Or did she just want to keep me thinking and make my own opinion? This is what I think of it as......a dress. You see it in the stores and you go blah! And then when you actually try it on it looks nice. Its like unravling the secrets of an authors mind.

I reccomend this book to people who like to read books like crank, glass and more. I am looking forward to finishing the book to see what happens and if it was really worth reading. Well wish me luck as I do to u! :)

2 comments:

  1. THERE WAS NO BLURB!??????? Wow now i'm interested. A book with no blurb is like a movie with trailer or a toy with no advertisement!
    Its funny how you started to read a horrible book to you but it turned out to be a one you liked

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smack was the last book I read! Yeah, really that's why I picked it up, because of the nonexistent blurb. Great post, and good connection to other books like Glass, and Crank!

    ReplyDelete